Burden Bearers Counselling Centre in Grande Prairie, Alberta is seeking two Master’s level counsellors to provide caring and professional counselling services on any number of issues, including depression, anxiety, addictions, relationships, grief counselling, and trauma. Burden Bearers is a non-profit charitable organization whose mission statement is to provide professional counselling and education, based on Biblical principles and established methodologies to those hurting and in need. We offer a competitive pay package with health benefits available.
1. The ability to work independently in a team environment.
2. An ability to manage one’s own case load effectively.
3. A willingness to create and promote a supportive and encouraging atmosphere for all clients, staff, and volunteers affiliated with Burden Bearers.
4. A willingness to take direction from the governing Board of Directors.
5. To provide an up-to-date criminal record check and sign a Statement of Faith.
6. Member of certified agency (Alberta is moving toward registration) ie. RSW, APA, CCPC, PACCP, CAP.
7. To maintain registration and proper affiliate standards.
8. Education: A Master’s level degree.
1. Counselling clients and preparing ahead of time for client sessions.
2. Ensuring clients make a financial commitment for counselling sessions.
3. Developing and maintaining comprehensive and confidential client records.
1. Attending and participating in monthly staff meetings.
2. Participation in agency events and activities as requested, time and circumstances permitting.